Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Be Still And Know.

Know that you have been loved, and will be loved. You can love yourself. And you can love others. Know that you are powerful and mighty. Trust that. But also know that it's ok to be weak, and small. Trust that too. Be confident, be bold. Laugh, lots. And make an effort to smile everyday at least once with all whom you come in contact. Everybody is worthy of your smile, it's a gift sent straight from God, for you to share with the world. But also stand up for yourself. Most times respect comes from this. Cry when you need to. You don't cry enough, somewhere in your sweet little body you decided so young that you don't like to cry. It doesn't have to be in private! Some of my best cries have been when I've let loose whole heartedly and let others hold me up. I'm smart, listen to me. I'm the one, in who's belly you grew. I know you. I love you, and I'm not ready to let you go.

Today you started a journey. I'm proud of you. So proud! My heart swells when I think of you. While I'm excited for you to branch out on your tree a little farther, I'm a little lonesome. You will do good things with your life, I know that. I have a dream for you, and me. That we always love and laugh. The sight of your precious little head tossed back in laughter, the sound that comes straight from your toes, is amongst my most favorite things. Enjoy this ride. And most of all, know how much your momma loves you. I am here for you. Always.

First Day of Grade 1 2010

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow~This one made me tear!!! Beautiful writing Angie, and as always beautiful photographs.
Best of luck in Grade 1 Tatum!!! It's going to be a fantastic year!

Anonymous said...

In one of my most horrible moments I read your blog and it actually made me feel better, if only for a moment. Do you even realize the power you are in possession of? Your pictures are amazing and your writing is amazing-er!!
Kristi