Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;

they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

~ Marcel Proust

It's 12:28, June 13, 2010. I just finished a steady shift at the hospital, a feel good shift, where we help sick people. One that reminds me that I love my job, I love the people that I work with, I love the patients I meet, I love being a nurse. My sister was also working, and I love her more than she will ever comprehend. I love caring. I love my family, I love caring for my family.

I am 28 minutes into my 33rd birthday - this post is about my beautiful family - the people I love most of all - the people who love me the best way of all. The people who make me greatful for my life daily. Today, I celebrate my family.

We had the very fortunate experience of having our family pictures taken by the lovely Skye Johansen in April, and I'm beyond thrilled that we did. I try to take pictures of our kids, and seldom does it work how I always hope it works out. And *I* wanted to be in some of them :) So, our day - our picture day - was perfect. We got up - and Tatum and I hung out together as we had our hair done together - it was a blast! How much more girly can you get? We stinking loved every minute of it. I had absolutely no expectations of our session, because we were bound and determined to have fun hanging out with each other. We did! Skye is beautiful and amazing. My kids throw her name around like she's an old pal. I love our pictures - and I would sign up each and every year from here on out.

We even went for sushi after. And that was beyond awesome.

So - here are some of them. I'm quite sure this is my longest post eva - but it's worth it! Thank you Skye, my heart is overflowing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here's sweet Sophie. She's always been our more serious one - until you get to know her, and then she's the class clown :) She decided she wasn't into the picture idea this day ....

Photobucket

But Skye was relentless ...

Photobucket

until Sophie had had enough - and decided to walk away, checking to make sure that darn camera wasn't going to follow...

Photobucket

Here's one more she got later - totally outfitted in Matilda Jane (love!!)

Photobucket

Brock, cool as a cucumber, fell for it hook line and sinker when I told him something was under the door ...

Photobucket

And Sky then had him on her own eventually

Photobucket

which worked out good!

Photobucket

Here's Tatum. I'm crazy in love.

Photobucket

She lives hard, and fast. Each day to it's fullest. Her attitude is so inspiring to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got some of this:

Photobucket

And this:

Photobucket

And this, which makes my heart nearly beat out of my chest:

Photobucket

Followed by this:

Photobucket

And some silliness:

Photobucket

And THE. BEST. FAMILY. PICTURE. EVER. This melts my heart. Each of us doing what we do. And loving every minute of it. I adore my family beyond words. My heart is full.

Photobucket

This picture will be up as long as it takes Rod to check out my blog :) He doesn't like me posting pictures of him - so look fast!

Thanks for reading - and Sky - if you see this - please know I'm forever greatful! My family makes my soul blossom. Eternally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS family Angie!!! Your kids are just STUNNING!!! They could all be little GAP models! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tara

Tj Aneca said...

These are amazing!! What a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures! I love your personalities and admire how your family shares them freely!

Skye Johansen said...

Angie I am so so so late on this, since I didn't even know you posted these, but photographing your family was the highlight of my trip, it was seriously so fun for you to be like...DO WHATEVER. I loved it, and loved meeting you. You were like the best client ever...haha. I hope I get to see you again!